Sunday, June 03, 2007

What I love about henna designing

Its fun, liberating and a definite stress buster for me :). And the best part about this kind of designing is that I don't have to know before hand what I want to sketch. It just kind of flows on its own. I am sure that the other painters and sketch artists would probably feel the same way when they create their designs.

Tattoos can especially be completely free-sketch. No set boundaries and no limitations on the size and complexity of the design. For example when I started out the heart tattoo that you see in my last post, I didn't know where it would lead me. I started of with one mango seed, added another one after that, and the next I knew I had the heart pattern sketched out and I was filling it with different patterns.

Even when I am sketching for the hand or feet (as you'll see in the designs under the link sections or some of my other designs that I'll be putting up in my future posts, many a times I'll draw the outline and then fill it with different patterns depending on the mood.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann George said...

Thank you very much for your blog. I have added a link from my henna blog to yours. To see your link visit:
http://hennatattoo.blogspot.com/
Best wishes,

Ann George
Spirit Vision Henna

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home